Re: Zone Alarm firewall and eTrust AV conflict

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 09/14/05

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:19:54 GMT

From: "Uncle Enrico" <Uncle@nospam.com>

| Anyone running the freebie Zone Alarm firewall with the other freebie
| eTrust antivirus from Computer Associates? The two didn't mix well on
| my system.
|
| Zone Alarm prevented eTrust from running in the real time mode. I had a
| big X through my eTrust icon in the system tray after I placed in in
| Snooze to load Zone Alarm. Afterwards, I could not get eTrust out of Snooze.

Yes, they do. Well, the should. In fact Zone Alarm bundles CA eTrust and CA eTrust bundles
Zone Alarm.

Contact the associated software vendors (ZoneLabs and/or Computer Associates) for support.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sinteri virus
    ... One final note is the Zone Alarm packages CA eTrust with it and often those that say "Zone ... Alarm" finds an infector really mean CA eTrust. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Zone Alarm firewall and eTrust AV conflict
    ... Anyone running the freebie Zone Alarm firewall with the other freebie ... Zone Alarm prevented eTrust from running in the real time mode. ... I could not get eTrust out of Snooze. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • eTrust Vs Zone Alarm
    ... He wants to purchase a kick ass internet security suite software bundle ... and has narrowed it down to eTrust Or Zone Alarm. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: zone alarm and mozilla
    ... | just purchased zone alarm and discovered that it doesn't scan incoming ... Now Zone Alarm is a FireWall application not an anti virus application but Zone Labs can ... sell Computer Associates eTrust anti virus bundled with Zone Alarm. ... I'm assuming when you say Zone Alarm scanning email for viruses you really mean CA eTrust ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)