Re: Security Mailing Lists / eMail alerts for webserver hosting?

From: Winged (Winged_at_nofollow.com)
Date: 09/13/05

Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:03:48 -0500

Hairy One Kenobi wrote:
> "Martin F. Hohenberg" <martin.hohenberg@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hi.
>>
>>This might be a FAQ ...
>>
>>Currently, my work focus is mainly the standard sysadmin for end users (on
>>Unix systems). Because of a change in contract, I will be responsible for
>>about 10 webservers (running the standard stuff, Debian, Apache, MySQL)
>>beginning October, 1st.
>>
>>Are there any security mailing lists I should monitor regulary? Which one
>
> do
>
>>you suggest?
>

> Everyone has their own lists.. CERT have RSS, most people over here use
> BugTraq for email. Any thing significant shows up on any decent list -
> although it can be worth subscribing to one in a geographically similar
> location, because of time zones.
>
> H1K

Secunia (www.secunia.com) has an RSS feed and very good bug track from
various sources.

Additionally the have a RSS virus feed that provides breaking virus
information from several of the commercial anti-virus entities.

I find it timely and useful.

Winged

Relevant Pages

  • Re: podcasting
    ... there are several RSS options for SharePoint to RSS enable a list. ... Your lists could be the post entries. ...
  • Re: An unnecessary controversy (Was: Ported tools for z/OS on ADCD)
    ... What's important in the case of IBM-MAIN - and possibly other lists where ... and *** (Unix Systems Services) ... (AcronymFinder gets that one almost right.) ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: poker rss feeds
    ... I have got some for iPoker and a few other networks but the list ... I don't know how many of them are "big players in the poker site business". ... Does anyone know where I can get rss feeds for most of the big players ... Watch Lists, Block Lists, Favorites - / ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Security Mailing Lists / eMail alerts for webserver hosting?
    ... > This might be a FAQ ... ... my work focus is mainly the standard sysadmin for end users (on ... Everyone has their own lists.. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Thoth 2: the return of Thoth
    ... Andrew Starr wrote: ... Also can be read via RSS or Atom, ... Haven't turned on the e-mail gateway for many of the lists as I ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)