Re: A Little Help With Disk Cleaning/security

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 09/10/05

Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:15:56 GMT

From: "Ken Ward" <kwar6996@bigpond.net.au>

| Not really. There have been numerous cases of hard drives containing
| classified material being found at rubbish tips, or even bought
| legitimately at clearance sales.

Must be an Australian problem ;-)

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A Little Help With Disk Cleaning/security
    ... There have been numerous cases of hard drives containing ... classified material being found at rubbish tips, or even bought ... legitimately at clearance sales. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Why I Like Apple Products, continued
    ... I bought one of the first IBM PC's sold to consumers in our area, ... Monitor, software, hard drive storage, second floppy, memory, modem, ... "Basic" and assembler packages cost extra. ... While Micky mouses like you were toying with 32K RAM and 360K floppies it just wasn't good enough and I required 10 mb hard drives, ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Graphic cards
    ... Prior to that I used a second hand AGP ... I have bought loads of them. ... at least they can't suffer from fan failure. ... I will not mention hard drives in case it encourages a sound like a bag ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: digital storage
    ... years ago (eother 1/2 or 1/3 the price). ... In a slightly different direction, have you priced big hard drives, ... When I bought my first one, ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Zooey Deschanel birthday Play Want Bin (PWBE 17 January 2011)
    ... Bought it through Steam. ... It'll probably be rubbish, but I seemingly can't say no to the ... Looking at getting a QNAP thing to sit on my home network as a hub for ... might be too prohibitive for the larger MAME games. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)