Re: Anti-virus that's light on resources

From: DA (test_at_1-script_dot_com_at_foo.com)
Date: 09/10/05

Date: 10 Sep 2005 01:16:45 -0400

David H. Lipman wrote:

> Please read the thread; "Looking for small footprint AV"
> Posted in; alt.comp.anti-virus
> Posted on; Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:15 PM

Thank you for the hint, David
I did find that thread here

http://www.secure-gear.com/Looking-for-small-footprint-AV-article3806-6.htm

My thing is: I'm not entirely sure if I need an on-the-fly anti-virus or
not. The PC is going to face a fair amount of Internet usage and, although
I don't download executable files too often myself, I'm concerned about
any malicious code that a Web page might bring along. I guess, that would
mean I need an on-the-fly anti-virus.

Also, I'm not necessarily looking for a free solution (although free is
always nice), but the "small footprint AVs" tend to be from the free side
of the fence - hence lack of some (important?) features.

So, I'm still wondering: is there a full-featured "light on resources" AV
out there that someone can recommend?

Thanks!

DA

Delivered via http://www.secure-gear.com
The Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry
alt.computer.security - 2467 messages and counting!

  • Re: Best non-SLR
    ... On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:46:08 GMT, David J Taylor wrote: ... Review the thread. ... Hint: It concerns ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: [opensuse] Disappearing act (kde control center) [Solved]
    ... re-appear on the control center. ... (I got a good hint from David in the Spanish list) ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Function integrable for exactly one L^p norm
    ... Thanks for the hint. ... David C. Ullrich wrote: ... disjoint sets with m= 1/2^n. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Ownage
    ... will notice, dear david, that my replies to such old dogs become ... nonexistant claims superiority. ... Just a hint. ... position as being sloppy, self-contradictory, and disorganized. ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: Series
    ... David C. Ullrich wrote: ... Hint for an elementary explicit construction: ...
    (sci.math)