Re: Free software firewalls I have never heard of before

From: Brett Michaels From Poison (jms504_at_gmail.com)
Date: 09/09/05

Date: 9 Sep 2005 08:54:10 -0700

Go with kerio..lot's of options and very tech intuitive.
The free version doesnt disable the protection measures needed for a
home system.

It may take a bit of time to learn the features, but it's worth it. It
is the most robust out of the free firewalls that I have tried.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Free software firewalls I have never heard of before
    ... The free version doesnt disable the protection measures needed for a ... home system. ... is the most robust out of the free firewalls that I have tried. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: SVChost.exe is making my life miserable!
    ... There are plenty of free firewalls. ... If you want better protection, you'll need to spend some money on a SPI ... Is my ISP spreading the Virus? ... >> that some viruses need to be removed manually with special tools like ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Firewall/Router necessary?
    ... Home system, Single computer, dial-up ... All ports except 135 are show closed by the OS on a port scan ... protection. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Windows XP firewall?
    ... > Internet or should i get something like zone alarm? ... > Are there any other good free firewalls available? ... > Thanks Joe. ... It's okay for incoming protection, but provides no outgoing protection, to ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: xp firewall
    ... Think layered protection and stop the phone home attempts. ... free firewalls like Kerio or Outpost, Tiny, etc. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)