Trusted Computing standards won't apply to Vista

From: Imhotep (Imhotep_at_nospam.net)
Date: 09/09/05

Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 00:55:14 -0400

When trying to understand Microsoft often one must look in the shadows for
the truth. I must admit this one has me. However, I am sure there is a very
good reason for it...

"There's something fishy going on. Microsoft is doing its best to stall the
document, and to ensure that it doesn't apply to Vista (formerly known as
Longhorn), Microsoft's next-generation operating system," he writes.

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11303

Imhotep

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Wasnt dotNet supposed to be a multi-platform alternative to Java?
    ... > Speaking as an average developer, it was always clear to me that .NET ... Microsoft themselves make the truth ... Not the Apple platform. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Wasnt dotNet supposed to be a multi-platform alternative to Java?
    ... > future product it is your job to make the truth clear. ... Microsoft themselves make the truth very ... Not the Apple platform. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Add buttons to the system menu?
    ... the documentation is surprisingly bad. ... docs give all of the facts, and none of the truth. ... I am sorry to say the Microsoft doesn't produce very usable ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: OT Freeware Partition software
    ... Nobody holds a gun to your head and tells you to buy Microsoft products. ... People demanded a general purpose OS and only Microsoft was there for the calling back in '81. ... Gates got scared that IBM won't buy any Microsoft languages either because of greedy Kildall, and told IBM they would supply an OS too. ... You might be able to BS your way with others, but the truth will show who you really are. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: SP2 upgrade
    ... Anna; ... Microsoft never said that and there is no truth to that rumour: ... > to upgrade their computers to windows xp sp2. ...