Openssh 4.2 out

From: David (shadoweyez_at_hotpop.com)
Date: 09/05/05

Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:51:08 GMT

For all you ssh guys, openssh 4.2 is out: openssh.com.

Looks like they made a few fixes, and the default key length of RSA/DSA
keys is now 2048 bits.

David

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Recent OpenSSH releases not reading .bashrc for ssh commands
    ... their .bashrc will no longer get them without engaging in..... ... ssh can invoke bash without it then reading .bashrc. ... which svn", the .bashrc is no longer read. ... you're on RHEL 5, you've installed an updated OpenSSH, and you try to ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: two SSH compatibility scenarios: can it work?
    ... We are required to use SSH to log into the Engineering lab machines. ... > server software displays this header upon telnet connection to port 22. ... I still use Windows on my notebook for application compatibility. ... > running OpenSSH 3.4p1. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
    ... deployment on a Windows network. ... Does this mean that you are setting SSH port forwarding ... does not provide the other side with either a Kerberos ticket, ... We're focusing on the OpenSSH for Windows distribution. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: SSH2 and ZSH
    ... implementation of SSH that is not present in the BSD standard OpenSSH. ... That said it would sound to me like you have a path problem not and SSH ... FreeBSD installs ping by default in /sbin and a ... > I recently installed FreeBSD 5.4 on a new server.everything is smooth and ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: ssh compatability issues
    ... >> without keeping two versions of ssh around on my home computer. ... running the OpenSSH server that comes with Solaris ... By 'some old security problems with that' I was not sure if you meant ...
    (comp.security.ssh)