Openssh 4.2 out

From: David (
Date: 09/05/05

Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:51:08 GMT

For all you ssh guys, openssh 4.2 is out:

Looks like they made a few fixes, and the default key length of RSA/DSA
keys is now 2048 bits.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Recent OpenSSH releases not reading .bashrc for ssh commands
    ... their .bashrc will no longer get them without engaging in..... ... ssh can invoke bash without it then reading .bashrc. ... which svn", the .bashrc is no longer read. ... you're on RHEL 5, you've installed an updated OpenSSH, and you try to ...
  • Re: two SSH compatibility scenarios: can it work?
    ... We are required to use SSH to log into the Engineering lab machines. ... > server software displays this header upon telnet connection to port 22. ... I still use Windows on my notebook for application compatibility. ... > running OpenSSH 3.4p1. ...
  • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
    ... deployment on a Windows network. ... Does this mean that you are setting SSH port forwarding ... does not provide the other side with either a Kerberos ticket, ... We're focusing on the OpenSSH for Windows distribution. ...
  • Re: ssh compatability issues
    ... >> without keeping two versions of ssh around on my home computer. ... running the OpenSSH server that comes with Solaris ... By 'some old security problems with that' I was not sure if you meant ...
  • Re: Solaris 9 SSH: HostbasedAuthentication?
    ... > Subject: Solaris 9 SSH: HostbasedAuthentication? ... > authentication. ... I'm gathering that the OpenSSH version it's based on didn't have ...