Re: Got Burned one too many times

From: Imhotep (Imhotep_at_nospam.net)
Date: 09/05/05

Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 14:48:47 -0400

David Norris wrote:

> Jim Watt wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:36:49 -0400, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net>
>> wrote:

>>>I second that. If linux/BSD is not your thing, check out a Mac. They have
>>>one of the nicest GUIs going....
>>
>> Which won't run most of the commercial and game software around.
>>
>> The guy wants to run windows.
>> --
>> Jim Watt
>> http://www.gibnet.com
>
> Admittedly I'm not a big gamer. But I do feel that such software could be
> made available for other operating systems. Mind you, Micro$oft would
> probably file lawsuits...

First the issue of game software is pretty insignificant. I do not anyone
who relies on M$ Windows for gaming software. All of the people I know use
a gaming console like the PlayStation, etc, etc...

Second, when shoosing a OS I believe not being ripped off because you have
spyware, keyloggers, etc is more important anyway.

Imhotep

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Got Burned one too many times
    ... >> Which won't run most of the commercial and game software around. ... I'm tired of idiots who can't address the question of running windows ... safely except by lame comments like 'get a Mac or use Linux' ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Got Burned one too many times
    ... Jim Watt wrote: ... >>one of the nicest GUIs going.... ... > Which won't run most of the commercial and game software around. ... probably file lawsuits... ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Got Burned one too many times
    ... Jim Watt wrote: ... >>one of the nicest GUIs going.... ... > Which won't run most of the commercial and game software around. ... Imhotep ...
    (alt.computer.security)