Re: Got Burned one too many times

From: Jim Watt (jimwatt_at_aol.no_way)
Date: 09/05/05

Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:26:21 +0200

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 00:49:16 -0400, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net>
wrote:

>Jim Watt wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:36:49 -0400, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net>
>> wrote:

>>>I second that. If linux/BSD is not your thing, check out a Mac. They have
>>>one of the nicest GUIs going....
>>
>> Which won't run most of the commercial and game software around.
>
>BS...
>
>> The guy wants to run windows.
>
>...I believe he said he was TRIED of computer crashes, spayware and viruses.
>Did he not?

I'm tired of idiots who can't address the question of running windows
safely except by lame comments like 'get a Mac or use Linux'

I look after a number of PC's running a mix of versions of windows
and the cause of problems is the users, where they behave sensibly,
there is no malware.

Just say NO to 'toolbars' 'search assistants' and the wonderful
smiley things andtheir ilk then life is easy.

Now I'm off to see someone with Lop who didn't listen
but if I told him to get a Mac he would laugh.

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com