Re: Got Burned one too many times

From: Jim Watt (jimwatt_at_aol.no_way)
Date: 09/05/05

Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:26:21 +0200

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 00:49:16 -0400, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net>
wrote:

>Jim Watt wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:36:49 -0400, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.net>
>> wrote:

>>>I second that. If linux/BSD is not your thing, check out a Mac. They have
>>>one of the nicest GUIs going....
>>
>> Which won't run most of the commercial and game software around.
>
>BS...
>
>> The guy wants to run windows.
>
>...I believe he said he was TRIED of computer crashes, spayware and viruses.
>Did he not?

I'm tired of idiots who can't address the question of running windows
safely except by lame comments like 'get a Mac or use Linux'

I look after a number of PC's running a mix of versions of windows
and the cause of problems is the users, where they behave sensibly,
there is no malware.

Just say NO to 'toolbars' 'search assistants' and the wonderful
smiley things andtheir ilk then life is easy.

Now I'm off to see someone with Lop who didn't listen
but if I told him to get a Mac he would laugh.

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Relevant Pages

  • 15 reasons Macs are still better than Windows PCs
    ... With Windows 7 coming up, it's time to yet again ponder on whether ... I long ago stopped actively seeking out Mac vs PC discussions (partly ... Apple uses good quality parts. ... problem lies from those three apps. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Apple Notebook
    ... die gerne mit Unix Befehlen arbeiten und sich freuen, ... mich stören weder UNIX-Befehle (neben Mac OS X benutze ich selbst z.B. u.A. auch HP-UX, UNIX ist für mich also kein Fremder) noch Leute, die mit ihrem Mac zufrieden sind. ... Mich stört auch nicht, dass Windows mit Ausnahme von Windows Server 2003 R2 keine UNIX-Befehle kann, genauer gesagt geht mir das ziemlich am Allerwertesten vorbei, einfach weil der Bedarf nicht vorhanden ist. ... Und das nicht nur deswegen, weil Apple schlichtweg keinen professionellen Support anbietet, sondern weil die Masse der wichtigen Anwendungen eben nicht unter Mac OS X läuft, sondern unter Windows oder allenfalls noch Linux. ...
    (de.comp.sys.notebooks)
  • Re: I really do like OS X but . . .
    ... I think he was pointing out that Microsoft has to ensure backwards compatibility with the older MS-DOS based versions of Windows, which introduces a number of problems. ... But, of course, Mac users have no choice but to upgrade... ... support perspective too. ... even going to try to claim the PPC port of gcc is anywhere near as good ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: 15 reasons Macs are still better than Windows PCs
    ... 15 reasons Macs are still better than Windows PCs ... With Windows 7 coming up, it's time to yet again ponder on whether ... Microsoft has the upper hand in operating systems. ... I long ago stopped actively seeking out Mac vs PC discussions (partly ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Aqua is a Plastic Cube!
    ... if WPF were put into Apple's old Mac OS X ... the problem this platform has is that it's rather vaguely defined, ... better than it is on X Windows or Windows XP. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)