Re: Hidden-code flaw in Windows renews worries over stealthly malware

From: Jim Watt (jimwatt_at_aol.no_way)
Date: 09/01/05

Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:57:45 +0200

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:17:05 -0500, Shadus <shadus@shadus.org> wrote:

>>>edit with any text processor. Clean and simple...
>>
>> Simple???
convert to a real editor... like vim
>or emacs or... ed (j/k) ;)

I gave up on SCO because of editing in vi

All this cryptic stuff is very fine, but these days now
storage is cheap its utility is outweighed by the trouble
in learning it and getting it right.

My first job was maintaining programs written in machine
code without any documentation, it taught me that often
the readable version is better.

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ping OHMSTER
    ... back and do editing in the middle of a line/paragraph. ... my EDITOR, vim in my case, for doing the text preface file. ... Put "messageforohmster" in message body ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Line editor
    ... I like the "alternate editor" feature of rlwrap. ... because it is much easier to insert some special characters from Vim. ... But while editing with Vim, I have my previous screen hidden by Vim. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Ping OHMSTER
    ... back and do editing in the middle of a line/paragraph. ... my EDITOR, vim in my case, for doing the text preface file. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: a good programming text editor (not IDE)
    ... Time and again I hear this (no shortage of Vim fans, same with Emacs), ... Say I want to be able to execute the python program I'm currently ... pressing Ctrl-1 while editing the source will execute the python on the ... already using an editor that as good as an editor can get ... ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: science writing/editing/publishing/journalism
    ... The best money for an editor, in my experience, ... >Bob has already pointed out that you are considering more than editing. ... The editors of medical journals tend to be rather better qualified ... > Government jobs tend to ...
    (misc.writing)