Re: Ultimate security

From: John Veldhuis (john.veldhuis_at_nospam.universal.nl)
Date: 09/01/05

Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:29:45 +0200

Notan wrote:

> Imhotep wrote:
>
>><snip>
>>
>>4) Stay the hell away from IE and active-x
>>
>>7) Configure your automatic update to update (or at least check) everyday
>

> If I'm not mistaken, Windows Update utilizes ActiveX.
>
> Notan

Only to inspect, install and upgrade itself. And there is a way around
that (we filter ActiveX on the firewall, and Windows Update works fine).

John

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ultimate security
    ... Windows Update utilizes ActiveX. ... The one significant windows site uses one of the worse ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Ultimate security
    ... Notan wrote: ... Windows Update utilizes ActiveX. ... The one significant windows site uses one of the worse ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Ultimate security
    ... > 4) Stay the hell away from IE and active-x ... If I'm not mistaken, Windows Update utilizes ActiveX. ... Notan ...
    (alt.computer.security)