Re: Microsoft speaks out against New Zealand's new anti-spam law

From: Imhotep (Imhotep_at_nospam.com)
Date: 08/24/05

    Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:17:46 GMT

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:18:39 +1000, Dazz <cashdj@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >>>There are far more important things to hate in the world than a software
    >>>company.....
    >>>That is, if you're not a *nix 'advocate' of course.....
    >>
    >>Whether or not someone is a *nix advocate doesn't have anything to do
    >>with it.
    >>
    >>I know numerous people who have a strong dislike of M$ for various
    >>reasons (bugs, security issues, anti-competitive behaviour, dirty
    >>trick campaigns, etc etc) and most of them have never even heard of
    >>Linux or any other *nix variant.
    >>
    >>M$ is a target for peoples dislike for a reason - and it's got nothing
    >>to do with being a *nix advocate.
    >

    > in this case it is, as the guy is always bleating about it and
    > attacking anyone who says that MS is good, and the story
    > is probably just that too.
    >
    > Thankfully nobody is burning heritics ... yet.
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim, I never attack anyone who says that Microsoft is "good" when they can
    back it up with data. Microsoft has it's place in things and when they do
    something right I will give them credit. Just the same when they do
    something wrong I will "attack" them.

    Now, when linux/BSD or open source does something wrong I will also point it
    out. And when they do something right I all also toss them praise.

    I believe this to be fair and reasonable.

    The problem I have with people like you is; you tend to not only believe but
    also defend the Microsoft propaganda machine. Instead, I would suggest that
    you be honest with yourself and the people you talk with.

    As for Microsoft I will continue to "attack" them for their business
    practices, for forgeting about their customers, for their illegal business
    maneuvers, etc, etc. When they cease so will I. Again, this is fair.

    Imhotep

    • Risks Digest 25.17
      ... Firmware-based phone vulnerabilities ... A Low-cost Attack on a Microsoft CAPTCHA (Jeff Yan and Ahmad Salah El Ahmad ... An iTunes file database problem Apple will never fix ...
      (comp.risks)
    • Re: Mai Ko^ Sop "Monopoly"
      ... Attack code for critical Microsoft bug surfaces ... Just hours after Microsoft posted details of a critical Windows bug, ... new attack code that exploits the flaw has surfaced. ...
      (soc.culture.vietnamese)
    • Mai Ko^ Sop "Monopoly"
      ... Just hours after Microsoft posted details of a critical Windows bug, ... new attack code that exploits the flaw has surfaced. ...
      (soc.culture.vietnamese)
    • Microsoft to release out-of-cycle patch
      ... Microsoft Corp. will veer outside its once-a-month patching cycle next week ... with a permanent fix for the security holes in Internet Explorer that were ... Criticism over Internet Explorer's multiple flaws reached a fever pitch ... following the Download.ject attack, which targeted users of the popular Web ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: Event ID 529
      ... suppose this is a network attack on week password. ... hacker from attacking your server. ... Microsoft can make no representation concerning ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)