Removing "PCTuneup" spyware?

From: trs80 (trs80_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/23/05

    Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:29:40 -0700

    I have installed on my PC win2000 spyware called PCTuneup. It actually
    shows up in the Settings/Uninstall. But when using the uninstall function
    is sends me to a website with content shown below where it asked you to
    install more software to remove PCtuneup. Idont want to take the risk of
    installing more software from them to uninstall this.

    Is there a way to remove it from the PC?

     ABI Network a division of direct revenue

     The ABI Network contextual advertising software is installed on this
    machine because you have received software free of charge through an ABI
    distributor. To support your free software and to help keep the product
    free, please do not uninstall the ABI Network software. It is not
    "spyware," does not collect any personal information about you, and is not
    malicious. If you do choose to uninstall the ABI Network software, it can be
    safely and completely removed by going to www.mypctuneup.com to get the
    uninstall tool.

     EULA

    • Re: Removing "pctuneup" spyware?
      ... >I have installed on my PC win2000 spyware called PCTuneup. ... >install more software to remove PCtuneup. ... >installing more software from them to uninstall this. ... > The ABI Network contextual advertising software is installed on this ...
    • Removing "PCtuneup" spyware?
      ... I have installed on my PC win2000 spyware called PCTuneup. ... install more software to remove PCtuneup. ... installing more software from them to uninstall this. ... The ABI Network contextual advertising software is installed on this ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Removing "PCtuneup" spyware?
      ... > Im not aware of anything called pctuneup from better internet except the ... > ABI Network a division of direct revenue will appear with Aurora but you ... > silent installs with no Eula's shown so they make up the rules as they go ... >> installing more software from them to uninstall this. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: Removing "PCTuneup" spyware?
      ... > install more software to remove PCtuneup. ... > installing more software from them to uninstall this. ... > The ABI Network contextual advertising software is installed on this ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Removing "pctuneup" spyware?
      ... Download, install, update and run all of the following. ... >installing more software from them to uninstall this. ... > The ABI Network contextual advertising software is installed on this ...