Re: Windows Traffic Sniffer

From: David (
Date: 08/22/05

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 01:35:34 GMT

Ettercap is really desinged for windows, although cain & able might do
the trick.

Another option is to use cygwin to emulate *nix and put ettercap in
cygwin. You still may need winpcap, and though I've tried ettercap on
actual linux, and cygwin, I've never tried ettercap "in" cygwin before.

Good luck,

jms504 wrote:
> I'm looking for a good windows traffic sniffer for a switched network.
> As you already know, ethereal only does hubbed traffic sniffing.
> I need it for network packet analysis.
> I installed the ettercap interface for windows but to be frank, it
> sucks!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What is the more popular UNIX flavor?
    ... about my experience with Solaris and Cygwin. ... installing packages. ... needing eg tftp you only need to activate on a Unix system. ... probably need installing first on the equivalent Windows system. ...
  • Re: Using PHP to parse specific XML tag content?
    ... XML --> HTML transformation in testing environment. ... run just fine under Windows using Cygwin, and, unless I'm ... And they aren't going to run cygwin on these systems, ... It's a programming language designed ...
  • Re: Good debugger?
    ... >>Any Tcl core that was built for windows doesn't have that problem. ... >Because Cygwin, by definintion, is not native. ... that's still in script form from prodebug. ... >>But if it can't coexist with native Tcl components, ...
  • Re: Cygwin or Windows: file permission functions are broken
    ... I don't find the explanation very clear (does "the Windows ... files (Cygwin touch, CMD.EXE copy, anything). ... the Windows permissions mask is way larger of a set than ... When under the "use filetest 'access'" the above-mentioned ...
  • Re: windows shell
    ... from the windows world. ... Cygwin compounds this by not making the default bash ... But this is a shell holy war waged by people who don't actually ... quick-edit and insert mode) nor allow useful fonts, ...