Re: Image-based security codes

From: Hairy One Kenobi (abuse_at_[
Date: 08/22/05

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:24:28 GMT

"M. B." <> wrote in message
> I've recently installed a bunch of programs (firewall, anti-virus, spy
> removal, ad blockers, etc...) following the advice of some folks online.
> I'm reaping the benefits in dramatic fashion as my computer is now running
> better and faster than ever before. The only problem is that now I'm
> wanting to register as a user on the site so I can stay "dialed in" and
> perhaps learn a thing or two every once in a while. Part of the
> registration process involves transcribing a 6-digit image-based security
> code. I understand the rationale for using these things but it seems that
> my firewall won't allow the images to load, hence I cannot view the code.
> I'd rather not completely disable my firewall. Is there a specific
> I can modify temporarily to allow this image to load?

Chances are that it's XP's built-in popup blocker (doing this via email
would tend to provoke a specific message)

Alternatively, you'll have to give us a small clue as to what other stuff
you've installed... because (in this specific case), it's broken. Give us a
clue, and I'm sure /someone/ will be able to point you how to unbreak it.

Hairy One Kenobi
in the first place. So there!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Opinions wanted...
    ... I'll toss my opinions on the plate for what they are worth. ... It's a true security geek's firewall, ... with them, I wonder about the cost/benefit ratio, as I've found Cisco ...
  • Re: Report a hacker
    ... look into the firewall you spoke of... ... It does not reflect the opinions ... >> to determine who the ISP is that owns the IP ... >> hardware to your system]. ...
  • Re: Pop-up blocker
    ... It is ONLY the flash animations I'd like to cut back on, ... firewall would be messenger type popups or the NetSend ... Blockers for different reasons. ... >prefer AdShield, which blocks Ads as well as Pop Ups, ...
  • Re: Is a Firewall Necessary?
    ... Right now we have used Baseline Security ... Port filtering and a few other recommendations from MS to help ... Now we have to decide on whether or not we need a firewall. ... the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily ...
  • Re: ZoneAlarm Pro vs Outpost Pro?
    ... This is not the reason, ... > First there is a difference between opinions and facts. ... I see no reason why the Windows firewall shouldn't be called a real ... Most of us here are aware of how personal firewall outbound control can be ...