Re: Image-based security codes

From: Hairy One Kenobi (abuse_at_[127.0.0.1)
Date: 08/22/05

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:24:28 GMT

"M. B." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:TpzNe.2561$137.1565@trnddc08...
> I've recently installed a bunch of programs (firewall, anti-virus, spy
> removal, ad blockers, etc...) following the advice of some folks online.
> I'm reaping the benefits in dramatic fashion as my computer is now running
> better and faster than ever before. The only problem is that now I'm
> wanting to register as a user on the site so I can stay "dialed in" and
> perhaps learn a thing or two every once in a while. Part of the
> registration process involves transcribing a 6-digit image-based security
> code. I understand the rationale for using these things but it seems that
> my firewall won't allow the images to load, hence I cannot view the code.
> I'd rather not completely disable my firewall. Is there a specific
setting
> I can modify temporarily to allow this image to load?

Chances are that it's XP's built-in popup blocker (doing this via email
would tend to provoke a specific message)

Alternatively, you'll have to give us a small clue as to what other stuff
you've installed... because (in this specific case), it's broken. Give us a
clue, and I'm sure /someone/ will be able to point you how to unbreak it.

--
Hairy One Kenobi
in the first place. So there!