Re: Kazaa: UPloading to someone else

From: Joachim Schipper (jDOTschipper_at_math.uu.nl)
Date: 08/18/05

Date: 18 Aug 2005 10:36:00 GMT

Winged <Winged@nofollow.com> wrote:
> Joachim Schipper wrote:
<On the topic of uploading via Kazaa>
>> If you know the other party, tell him/her to run an FTP, WebDAV or
>> similar server. If not, well, there's no legal way to do it...
>>
>> Joachim
>
> Take a lot at some of the viruses that used to infect that network. I
> haven't looked at it in recent years, I know there have been some
> changes since I looked, however the method utilized the same mechanism
> that showed what files were available on other machines. They didn't
> require overt user action for the virus to spread. This may be changed
> now, shrugs, Our users are not allowed to use these file sharing
> networks these days.
>
> Winged

That's why the word 'legal' is in there. ;-)

                Joachim

Relevant Pages

  • Re: User Name field is grayed
    ... network, a log-on dialogue is displayed but the User Name field in the ... What OS / file sharing is used by the "server"? ...
  • Re: User Name field is grayed
    ... The problem symptom is that when I attempt to log on a pc in the network, a log-on dialogue is displayed but the User Name field in the dialogue is grayed so that I can not enter user name. ... Does the password on the server ... The server OS is Windows XP Pro and I used to use Advanced File Sharing but I also tried Simple File Sharing during this trouble shooting. ...
  • Re: cant get permissions on a LAN
    ... server, but it holds all my files), and form this computer i would run ... everybody on the network full control, but i still get the same error ... This is most commonly caused by a misconfigured firewall. ... Simple File Sharing and create identical user ...
  • Re: P2P v Server 2003
    ... >I will be installing a network of around 10 users and would like to ... > know what issues I need to be aware of should I opt for a full server ... > As the requirement is essentially for simple file sharing I would ... management issues you will run into. ...
  • Re: Kazaa: UPloading to someone else
    ... | Take a lot at some of the viruses that used to infect that network. ... | require overt user action for the virus to spread. ... | now, shrugs, Our users are not allowed to use these file sharing ...
    (alt.computer.security)