Re: US Gov looking for input about IE ONLY pre-patient web site...

From: Jim Watt (jimwatt_at_aol.no_way)
Date: 08/14/05

Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 09:55:01 +0200

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 23:57:14 GMT, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.com> wrote:

>I am not sure if this affects anyone but, I thought I would post it. I think
>it is BS to restrict access to a Gov agency. Definitely worth a law suit if
>they do this as it is restricting my access to a governmental agency.
>
>http://lwn.net/Articles/147197/

Then put your money where your mouth is and issue a writ.

Many electronic banking packages are restricted to IE because
of its security features.

--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Creating User Account without internet Access
    ... 1.To restrict access to internet in a PC do the following; ... As a administrator,you need to go to the registry click on start---run and ... To restrict access an application in a PC do the following; ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Restrict folder access
    ... You restrict access by assigning permissions to drives, folders and files. ... Disable Simplified Sharing and Password-Protect a Shared Folder in Windows XP ... To restrict access to Control Panel and other system tools, see www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Windows XP Security Console. ...
  • How do you restrict access to powerpoint files in Office 2003?
    ... to restrict access, but....with no success. ... recipient can easily change his/her permission by simply ... clicking "change permission" in the Status window and typing his/her email ... intent - to restrict access to read only - is futile. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: restrict access to directories
    ... > How can I restrict access to directories that are not ... > under my users profile. ... > restricted under the profile and I also want to restrict ... You need to have the disk formatted with NTFS to set permissions on the ...
  • Re: Im Lost, Need Help
    ... > restrict access on a sheet level to users? ... > network folder and restrict access to the folder that way, ...