Re: Good example of how companies are abusing the DMCA

From: Imhotep (Imhotep_at_nospam.com)
Date: 08/12/05

Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 19:08:06 GMT

Unruh wrote:

> Jim Watt <jimwatt@aol.no_way> writes:
>
>>On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:14:56 GMT, Imhotep <Imhotep@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>><snip>
>
>>A bad example of a message with no content, and the
>>DCMA is irrelevent outside the USA
>
> Since you snipped the content, yes. I do agree that simply posting a url
> without telling people what is in it and why they should read it is very
> bad internet ettiquette.
> And yes, sometimes discussions go on that are parochial. Sometimes they
> are parochial to Europe, sometimes the USA, occasionally even Canada.

...sometimes I do post a link without much verbage. However, I describe it
well in the subject. I have before typed some text and included the link
but, I found that sometimes people would post a comment WITHOUT even
reading the article. I found this most insulting. Not only did they comment
without reading it but, I wasted time talking about the article with
someone who did not even read it. So now, I include a nice description in
the subject...

Relevant Pages