HTTP attack or not?

From: Bush is a Fascist (z333r_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/12/05

Date: 12 Aug 2005 05:13:18 -0700

Hi all,

My webserver periodically receives HTTP requests
of the following format:

GET /
Host: my server IP
Authorization: 5400 bytes of junk

The other day, my very own home computer apparently
sent such a request to the server, which has led me
to believe this is just something that perhaps IE
spews out. I was unusually using IE that day
for testing. Or, I suppose my Windows may be infected
with something.

Anyone have any insights on this?
Thanks,
333

Relevant Pages

  • is this an HTTP attack?
    ... My webserver periodically receives HTTP requests ... Host: my server IP ... Authorization: 5400 bytes of junk ... my very own home computer apparently ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix)
  • Re: Mark as junk (shift-command-J)
    ... All mails on the server are deleted ... > junk and over 5K, ... > mark the partially downloaded junk message over 5K as junk mail. ... The message now appears in the Junk mail folder List pane ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Remote logon to SBS domain?
    ... if all you want is to play with SBS to learn how to configure ... As long as your home computer has sufficient hard drive space (maybe ... If you set up VPC 2004 on your Lab server, you can even copy the virtual ... I guess I need some kind of VPN connection to do this. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Installed SBS2003. Lost ability to RDP after VPN
    ... I brought home a Dell server, installed SBS2003 SP1, no ISA, two ... I also plugged the home computer into the Belkin switch. ... Ethernet adapter Internal Server Local Area Connection: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: computer Surge Suppressor-protector question
    ... the iron is standing by for me to move the temp lever from Off ... mine requires a jumper wire from the LAN card to the Wake-on-LAN ... forgot a password that was in my home computer, ... outlook on my home computer gets the mail it leaves it on the server ...
    (alt.home.repair)