Re: Call for Windows IE 7 Boycott...

From: Hairy One Kenobi (abuse_at_[127.0.0.1)
Date: 08/05/05

    Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:44:57 GMT

    "Winged" <Winged@nofollow.com> wrote in message
    news:8c589$42f0b36a$18d6d91e$25795@KNOLOGY.NET...
    > Imhotep wrote:
    > > A little off topic but interesting (and the article came from a Windows
    > > advocate too!)

    <snip>

    > It is inexcusable that MS has not made progress in supporting CSS
    > standards.

    <snip>

    > From what I have read, think I'll stick with Firefox.

    <snip>

    Yup. Plenty of scope there for increased support of CSS.. Firefox is much
    better than Nutscrape 4, but not nearly as much as it should be.

    Usual HTML development procedure: decide what to write (often an hour or
    two), format it for use in IE (a couple of minutes, on my home-grown content
    management system), then try and work our which bits of Firefox don't work,
    or have stopped working, and try and find workarounds (open ended, often
    days)

    Getting "center" to work properly would be a good start, as would agreeing
    that a pixel is a pixel (still both dodgy on 1.0.6). Haven't checked to see
    if they've got rid of the hard-coded container limit, though... I'll leave
    that for the next major update.

    Not that I'm criticising it as an alternative browser, just that it's far
    from complete in supporting standards. Both browsers have some pretty horrid
    limitations.

    --
    Hairy One Kenobi
    in the first place. So there!