Re: looking for a simple freeware hard drive encryption tool

From: ruinz (ruinz.NG_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/26/05

    Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:41:10 -0600

    dex wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i am looking for a tool to encrypt an entire hard drive
    > or partitions.
    >
    > i am thinking of such a program:
    >
    > 1) booting from a disk CD/Floppy with the encryption program
    > 2) encrypting all harddrives with this program
    > 3) transporting the hard drives
    > 4) booting from a disk CD/Floppy with the encryption
    > program
    > 5) decrypting the encrypted hard drives
    >
    > is there a simple free/commercial program?
    >
    > i know there are some encryption tools which can
    > do something similar on the fly.
    > but this tools need to be installed with the os and so on.
    >
    > i am looking for something simple as decribed. not tuching
    > the os.

    Earlier this month there was a small discussion on a few HDD encrypting
    tools. Looking back through the headers it started on 7/7/05, you can't
    miss it. I havn't actually done any encrypting on this level so I really
    cant help you out much more than that, but you might want to take a look
    at that thread until someone more knowledgable comes around.