Re: HELP!!!!!

From: Winged (Winged_at_nofollow.com)
Date: 07/26/05

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:43:55 -0500

Yddap wrote:
> In news:dc3l5a$r3c$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk,
> gwyn davies <gwyn@gellioedd.wanadoo.co.uk> opined very noisily:
>
>>My computer is full of spyware,does anyone konw of any free anti
>>spyware software that actualy prevents and removes spyware and
>>adware. i eed something to stop it getting there in the first place.
>

> Download, update and use *all* of the following:
>
> Spybot Search & Destroy
> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
> http://www.safer-networking.org/
> http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
> SpyBot S&D guide
> http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
> http://www.lavasoft.nu/
>
> Spyware Blaster
> http://www.net-integration.net/tools/spywareblaster.html
>
> CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/cwshredder.zip

The Microsoft beta spyware tool (formerly giant):

Is a good tool though the various monitoring features use some cpu
cycles. It identifies several items the others miss. None of them get
everything, but these are a good start.

All of the above tools except Microsoft beta can be obtained at the
following site: http://www.majorgeeks.com under spyware menu

Winged

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Popups and Ads
    ... but Spybot Search & Destroy is freely available here: ... > spyware and 2 adware on my computed. ... > infestation because of all the horror stories that I have ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: files wont delete
    ... I highly recommend using Spybot Search and Destroy which can be downloaded ... downloading TrendMicro's sysclean utility from www.antivirus.com. ... > net.i believe they are spyware or adware files. ... > my spyware & virus protection programs didn't stop them. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Virus infect on single user
    ... > SPYWARE item? ... it is the best of the "pay ... They don't do a good job yet of *cleaning* adware, ... Spybot Search and Destroy is much better. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: strange windows behaviour.
    ... Spybot Search & Destroy is a good tool to use in ... and other obnoxious spewing stuff. ... it may also nail Windows Media Player as spyware. ... >> windows machines on our residential network begin ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: spyware infected
    ... You probably don't have a virus...you've got spyware. ... MS Anti-Spyware ... SpyBot Search and Destroy ... Download a program called winsockxpfix in case the repairs break your ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)