Re: Anybody know what these viruses do?

From: Kevin Reiter (tux_at_penguinnetwerx.net)
Date: 07/18/05

    Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:45:29 -0400

    Proteus wrote:
    > Clam Antivirus scan of MS-WindowsXP system found two nasties:
    > Trojan.Scapur12
    > Virtool.Collector
    > Anybody know what these two viruses are and what they do? I can not find any
    > information on them using google or typing them in at McAffee site virus
    > search.

    For Virtool.Collector:
    http://viruspool.vanderkooij.org/virus.cms?&id=228768

    Trojan.Scapur12 wasn't found anywhere...

    • Re: Cheney vs Obama
      ... knowing that I might be asked for specifics, ... Google doesn't give messages telling you to scan for viruses. ...
      (rec.music.beatles)
    • OT - Google Error....Ever get it?
      ... Just today I started getting the message shown below as I use Google ... Ad-Aware and AVG which show no viruses or spyware present ...
      (rec.crafts.metalworking)
    • Re: Cheney vs Obama
      ... knowing that I might be asked for specifics, ... Google doesn't give messages telling you to scan for viruses. ...
      (rec.music.beatles)
    • Re: Cheney vs Obama
      ... knowing that I might be asked for specifics, ... Google doesn't give messages telling you to scan for viruses. ...
      (rec.music.beatles)
    • Re: Any info on these virii?
      ... | there were 2 other viruses on his machine as well which I did find info ... | anything like that was called or pronounced virii. ... Just because you do a search on Google, ... Google for Flat Earth, I would find the Flat Earth Society who believes that the Earth is ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)