Re: spr/madtol.c

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 07/18/05

Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:18:19 GMT

From: "tish" <tish53@att.net>

| hello all from the very humid state of NJ in the US...
|
| i seem to have a problem that i am having trouble understanding the solution
| when i turn on the computer i get a message from the AntiVir program
| that i have a problem and it's name is Spr/madtol.c
| i also ran AVG and it does not come up on that at all
|
| i have googled it and many of the the site suggested are in a language
| other than english and i unfortunately only understand english
|
| i have gone to the Windows site it gives and am having trouble
| understanding the "solution" they are giving
| then i followed to a web site that has a program called rootkit revealer
| http://tinyurl.com/ceoes
|
| and it seem that one would have to have a good knowledge of things to
| use this program
|
| so i am not sure what to do...i am not sure if this is a true problem or
| a false positive
| i have gone to the Anti_Vir site and most of it is in German...so i'm a
| little lost
|
| any help or direction is appreciated

Please submit a sample infected file to Virus Total --
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
The submission will then be tested against 18 different AV vendor's scanners.

Another way to submit is to send the suspect file to the following email address
scan<at>virustotal.com
{ replace <at> with @ } with only the word SCAN as the subject.

Please post back the EXACT results.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • spr/madtol.c
    ... i seem to have a problem that i am having trouble understanding the solution ... when i turn on the computer i get a message from the AntiVir program ... other than english and i unfortunately only understand english ... then i followed to a web site that has a program called rootkit revealer ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Perlin noise code?
    ... Does anyone have any code for a Perlin noise algorithm, ... describe it in simple English? ... I am having trouble understanding the ... paid more attention in math class... ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Verdicting a case
    ... we get queries from people who are learning ... )>> English and are having trouble understanding a sentence in English that ...
    (rec.puzzles)
  • Verdicting a case
    ... we get queries from people who are learning ... English and are having trouble understanding a sentence in English that ... The original poster wrote that he had googled for it and found many ...
    (rec.puzzles)