Re: Security overkill?

From: The Ghost of General Lee (ghost_at_general.lee)
Date: 07/16/05

    Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 02:02:13 -0400

    On 15 Jul 2005 08:39:47 GMT, Juergen Nieveler
    <juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de> wrote:

    >The Ghost of General Lee <ghost@general.lee> wrote:
    >
    >> If you need Outlook only for the ability to sync with your PP, then
    >> know you can still use it for that purpose, while using a safer client
    >> for e-mail. I use Outlook to sync my calendar with my Kyocera phone,
    >> but use Pegasus exclusively for e-mail.
    >
    >Why use Outlook at all, then? Unlike WinCE-devices, Palm Pilots offer
    >you to install PalmDesktop - which does all that Outlook does, except
    >for email.

    I don't own a PP, so I'll defer to your knowledge on this. I do have
    Office 2000 (which has Outlook included) and Kyocera didn't offer any
    software to maintain my phone's scheduler.

    • searching for bad emails
      ... scrub corrupted info that is fouling up my ability to sync my email ... I did some work on the blackberry side ... I have outlook 2003 and Vista ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
    • RE: Outlook functionality HALF IS MISSING (Paid $400 for garbage?)
      ... communicating to support their damn headache office for five years. ... Outlook is missing a heap of important functionality. ... The ability to right-click on a word and look up synonyms for that word will ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
    • Re: Ximian Evolution on Solaris 9 Sparc (installed but aborts)
      ... >apps" for UNIX precisely because of the Exchange connector and the ability ... >you have the ability to access the Exchange server and schedule meetings ... >without Outlook, it makes the corporate policy of having to have Outlook and ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Outlook functionality HALF IS MISSING (Paid $400 for garbage?)
      ... Outlook is missing a heap of important functionality. ... The ability to right-click on a word and look up synonyms for that word will ... Smart and contextual editing functionality ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
    • Re: "Sending From:" confusion.
      ... I need to set up one employee with the ability to change the ... inbound emails without any problems. ... I've read several threads indicating Outlook 2003 does not ... Did you give her SEND AS perms to the other mailbox? ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)