Re: Security overkill?

From: Robsten (finns.pa.hemsidan_at_min.com)
Date: 07/15/05

    Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:27:02 GMT

    Författare Louise 2005-07-13 :
    > Win XP Pro, SP2 with MS firewall turned off. Heavy home/office user
    > with cable ISP. Use Firefox 85% of the time. Use Outlook as my
    > email/pim.

    > I'm wondering whether I really need to run the amount of security
    > software I'm running or whether it's taking too much overhead.

    > I have a Linksys NAT router. I run Sygate Pro. I run Avast with all
    > the shields active.

    > I used to run Spysweeper only when I actually wanted to scan my
    > machine every week or so.

    > I've just switched to Spyware Doctor (was this a good idea?), and I'm
    > once again wondering whether I should leave it running "on guard" all
    > the time or whether it's unnecessary use of resources.

    > Any thoughts about Spyware Doctor and is it bloated - does it use an
    > inordinate amount of resources? Is it intrusive?

    > TIA

    > Louise

    I don.t think is overkill, you could use Thunderbird instead of OE and
    use moore than one spywaredetector, I recomend two or three. Use
    Antivir instead of Avast, its better.

    --
    http://w1.853.comhem.se/~u85329080/
    http://web.comhem.se/~u85329080/indexB.htm

    • Re: DDD display problems
      ... > firefox and in other apps, it points at a really obscure problem. ... It is gtk based. ... X11 and Motif applications. ... Resources are a powerful tool to customize ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc)
    • Re: Power management lappies
      ... if you remove programs that uses a lot of resources from start-up ... I don't download ANY music, ... Moving and deleting files is a daily practise and running scandisk and ... "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, ...
      (alt.2600)
    • Re: Cure for a bad combo: Stupid IIS webserver + Linux/Mozilla/*slow* internet
      ... PL> Have you tried using Firefox instead? ... Resources don't seem to be the problem. ... generally reproduce it if I start some other network related task, ... PL> Paul Lutus ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: refresh my memory -- why firefox goes grey and inactive?
      ... installed ubuntu 10.04 on a new laptop and, over five minutes ago, my ... two firefox sessions suddenly went grey and unresponsive and i know ... Compiz itself might help free up some resources. ...
      (Ubuntu)