I found this a bit humourous

From: winged (winged_at_nofollow.com)
Date: 07/09/05

Date: 08 Jul 2005 20:20:46 EDT

I was doing some testing of the Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta tool. I have
played with this software for sometime however I missed this before. It
seems the Microsoft Beta recognizes the Java activeX control in Internet
Explorer as belonging to Sun Systems, this seems appropriate. Even
recognizes a Yahoo DLL as a known DLL (I did say this was a test VM).
But as the attached jpg shows the Microsoft Windows Update control is
unknown, sheesh thats why there are so many windows compromises.....

Winged

screenshotAntispywaretool.jpg

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ICS
    ... >I downloaded and installed microsoft antispyware beta after scanning it ... Now my network is not working and no firewall ... Please see this Microsoft Knowledge Base article: ...
  • Re: Backup Option
    ... Thank you Carey. ... The Microsoft AntiSpyware beta didn't see it either(updated ... Comcast Security Manager only recignized it yesterday ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Newsgroup available for the Malicious Software Removal Tool?
    ... Subject: Re: Microsoft Antispyware beta ... support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows ... These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Internet Explorer Redirects me to another site !
    ... > site which is not related to microsoft at all. ... It sounds like you have got a BHO, that redirect you. ... You need to install and run some Anti-Spyware software. ... Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta ...
  • Unable to connect to Window Update - ActiveX problem
    ... everytime I try to go microsoft to check ... for Windows Update's, I get the following message: ... reset security sttings to medium low for Internet and set ... allow me to connect to Microsoft Windows Update. ...