Re: Security can be fun !

From: Skycloud (me_at_privacy.com)
Date: 06/30/05

Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:12:35 +0100

"Lawrence DčOliveiro" <ldo@geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote in message
news:ldo-4100AA.22553930062005@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> In article <42c16833$1_3@spool9-east.superfeed.net>,
> "Panrock" <me@privacy.com> wrote:
>
> >www.copycoder.com
>
> It's essentially a stream cipher. And the stupid thing about it is,
> every message is enciphered with the same stream! This leads to the
> well-known weakness where if you can get hold of two encrypted messages,
> you can XOR them and get some clues to the messages, and thereby to the
> cipher as well.

Two things to bear in mind:

1) I don't claim this to be a serious encryption device. It's just a _toy_
for spy-minded kids.

2) Re: the single key, these little panels will be spread around so thinly
for the forseeable future that more than two people at a time are unlikely
ever to use one together. And if they do, then they'll form a sort of
copycoder 'club'... i.e, it's a game for children and teens.

Steve

PS. There was a prototype also developed using variable key codes
(hexagonal, rotatable segements containing binary-numbered element
combinations) but there was no point - software encryption is so much
better. I expect this simple version to be more successful in the market
it's intended for...

www.copycoder.com
www.radiocraft.co.uk