Re: What can one do against Keylogger Attacks?

tomstdenis_at_gmail.com
Date: 06/20/05

Date: 20 Jun 2005 06:07:33 -0700

Yoy G0 wrote:
> If I need 100% protection against possible keylogger virus attack, so
> that noe one would be able to steal user's password / passphrase,
> what can I do?

Stop using windows and don't login as root.

> My question is related both to computers connected to a net /
> internet, and ones that are never connected to any, but where floppy,
> usb, cd, etc, are used for transfering files to and from the user's
> machine.

You essentially can't trust another machine. Hell, you can't really
trust your own machine if you stop to think about it...

Tom

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What can one do against Keylogger Attacks?
    ... > If I need 100% protection against possible keylogger virus attack, ... > that noe one would be able to steal user's password / passphrase, ... You essentially can't trust another machine. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: What can one do against Keylogger Attacks?
    ... >If I need 100% protection against possible keylogger virus attack, ... >that noe one would be able to steal user's password / passphrase, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: What can one do against Keylogger Attacks?
    ... >If I need 100% protection against possible keylogger virus attack, ... >that noe one would be able to steal user's password / passphrase, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: For those of you with alarm storefronts
    ... Make sure your employees handle them with appropriate protection, ... We are, after all, in the business of security and for you not to take the steps to protect the paper files would constitute a breach of your customer's trust. ... The secure room would be my preference. ... Go overboard on framing and door strength then put a maintenence room sign on the door and no one would even bother. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: For the AdaOS folks
    ... If you trust the code in a library never to deliberately (and to be unlikely ... code in a separate protection space, so that it is prevented from accessing ... do this is to make the less-than-completely trusted code into a program that ... > you're not using that many apps at any one time. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)