Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML

From: Ron Reaugh (ron-reaugh_at_worldnet.att.net)
Date: 06/17/05

Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:56:18 GMT

"Jim Byrd" <jrbyrd@spamlessadelphia.net> wrote in message
news:BtadnapzRYY00i_fRVn-2Q@adelphia.com...
> Ron - In addition to my previous post - FWIW, several MVP's are reporting
on
> one of my private lists that numerous "false positives" are showing up
with
> the last but one (two?) AVG update. Evidently there are two very recent
> "replacement" updates available now (although you will have to manually
> download them I'm told) to address the problem.

Yes, in the middle of all this I read that thread about the Dell files and
AVG did detect several Dell files on this system. ALSO Trend Housecall 6.0
also detected one such Dell file here.

Back to my original issue, why would AVG be detecting c:\null at that
moment. What could have caused AVG resident to detect a file in c:\ at that
moment EXCEPT watching/checking some file I/O to that file at that moment?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... > download them I'm told) to address the problem. ... AVG did detect several Dell files on this system. ... why would AVG be detecting c:\null at that ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • AVG DOWNLOAD
    ... avg anti virus 7.5 free download ...
    (de.rec.sport.fussball)
  • >>>> AVG DOWNLOAD <<<<
    ... 100 free avg antivirus software downloads, 7.0 avg free downloads, 7.5 ... avg free download, all versions avg free download, anti avg cnet ... virus brontok avg download, anti virus download avg, anti virus ...
    (sci.geo.meteorology)
  • ~~> AVG DOWNLOAD <~~
    ... avg free virus scan download ... avg 6 0 free edition download ... avg anti virus free edition download ... avg full version free download ...
    (sci.bio.paleontology)
  • AVG DOWNLOAD
    ... avg free download, avg download, free avg download, avg serial ... download avg free version, avg free download 2009, avg free edition ... avg freed download updates website, avg safe downloads, avg grisoft ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.browsers.misc)