Being DoSed?

From: dr.nil (dr.nil.1qr0ez_at_DoNotSpam.com)
Date: 06/17/05

Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:36:58 +0530

How the HELL do I stop a DoS attack? I already banned the IP(s) in
question (68.158.10.55) however, banning them doesn't help because the
requests are still sent. The site hasn't gone down, but it's still
murder on the server... It's been going on for < 2 days now....

Any advice?

Resolving that IP gives,
Hostname: adsl-158-10-55.asm.bellsouth.net
although it could be a proxy, should I contact BellSouth -- edit 2, I
just sent an email to bellsouth, maybe, maybe not, but hopefully, they
will do soemthing?

--
dr.nil
dr.nil's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=4402

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Being DoSed?
    ... >How the HELL do I stop a DoS attack? ... banning them doesn't help because the ... >requests are still sent. ... Last time I had an issue with bellsouth they proved very ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Being DoSed?
    ... banning them doesn't help because the ... | although it could be a proxy, should I contact BellSouth -- edit 2, Ijust sent an email to ... If you have FireWall logs to show ... that you are the target of a DoS attack then yes, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Being DoSed?
    ... In the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, ... banning them doesn't help because the ... >requests are still sent. ... BellSouth is about as competent as VSNL. ...
    (alt.computer.security)