Re: Anti-span program?

From: Alceryes (replytopost_at_thankyou.com)
Date: 06/08/05

Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:11:43 -0400

> Qurb is excellent if you don't mind working with only a white list. It
> accepts e-mails from approved senders only and quarantines everything
> else. You can review the quarantine folder and approve e-mails from new
> senders that you approve.

Outlook XP has this functionality built in.

--
"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
 - Alceryes
"Ken Russell" <kenrussellmyhat@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
> Qurb is excellent if you don't mind working with only a white list.  It
> accepts e-mails from approved senders only and quarantines everything
> else. You can review the quarantine folder and approve e-mails from new
> senders that you approve.
>
> It's not suitable if you get a lot of authentic e-mails from new senders.
> http://www.qurb.com/
>
> --
> Ken Russell
>
> kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au
> Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail
> .
>
> "Louise" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I've avoided using any spam filters beside my own scanning of emails
>> until now.  I'm running Outlook XP with several separate user accounts.
>>
>> Now it is taking me 15 minutes to clean out an email account which I'm
>> loathe to close because it is associated with many services that I do
>> use.
>>
>> I'm aware that Norton has an anti-spam program but I'm also concerned
>> that Norton tends to use a lot of resources etc.  I do use Norton AV and
>> download updates every night.
>>
>> Are there any spam filtering programs out there that would be
>> recommended?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Louise

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Anti-span program?
    ... accepts e-mails from approved senders only and quarantines everything else. ... > that Norton tends to use a lot of resources etc. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Windows Mail not receiving mail containing senders embeded log
    ... One business that e-mails me has their logo embedded below the senders ... Windows mail never receives their e-mails and sender is not receiving ... However if I delete their logo before forwarding they arrive in windows ... Add them to the safe senders list there. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail not receiving mail containing senders embeded log
    ... One business that e-mails me has their logo embedded below the senders ... Windows mail never receives their e-mails and sender is not receiving ... However if I delete their logo before forwarding they arrive in windows ... Add them to the safe senders list there. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Anti SPAM advice
    ... Small office with 7 users, will to spend for a good SPAM stopper, ... If you want users to manage their own quarantines easily I'd check out something like Postini, MXLogix or MailFoundry ... You can also block domains and senders or adjust the junk filter. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: blocking nonsense URLs
    ... Also in blocked senders I made up a URL that works fine ... blocking those e-mails froms URL's that keep changing. ... > How does one block obscene emails with senders ... > I'd like to block my high speed internet account using ...