Re: Installing Win98 on a P4

From: birdman (apquilts_at_pacbell.net)
Date: 06/06/05

Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:45:39 GMT

I did not read all the threads, except for Kadman.
If you have not solved your problem, having faced inomcpatibilities with
Win98 and Win98SE and modern motherboards, the easiest way around it is to
install WinME. It works with larger amounts of RAM, most modern motherboards
and should read programs that will run in Win98.
Are you sure you can't run your old program in a WinXP compatibility mode?
Once in a while this actually works as advertised with older programs . . .

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Installing Win98 on a P4
    ... >>Win98 and Win98SE and modern motherboards, the easiest way around it is to ... >>motherboards and should read programs that will run in Win98. ... I'll keep ypour advice abut WinME if it Win98 never ... and Win98SE is as good as you can get ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: DUN Duration -- How to get it ??
    ... I have Win98SE as a secondary OS at home. ... And don't forget the limitations in Win98 - I can't use all my ... and not to vastly more popular Win98SE platform.... ... >> and this does not point me to a Win9x compatible equivalent. ...
  • Re: Dumbest Question of the Week (not much about audio)
    ... I still build new Win98SE machines to this day. ... Win98 limitations. ... It will load ... Burning need not be CPU intensive. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Intel achète McAfee...
    ... N'empêche que j'ai encore ma copie originale ici chez moi. ... Plogue pas ça sur internet, ton ordi va devenir zombie en trois minutes. ... Moi j'ai un portable avec Win98SE mais je m'en sert uniquement pour y ... elles ne font que des détecteurs de virus pour Win98 que parce qu'elles ...
    (soc.culture.quebec)
  • Re: Motherboard drivers and win98se.
    ... If you need to run win98, then why not just leave it on ... If I need to run win98 I plug it in as the boot drive. ... I have a host of apps which work very well under win98se. ... I was happily using Win98se until recently on my internet computer. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)