Re: Looking for a program to run on XP to remotely watch what my kids are doing, something like a keylogger. TIA!!

From: andy smart (anonymus_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/01/05

Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:19:47 +0100

haphzrd wrote:
> Tory Brown <tbrown@home.edu> wrote:
>
>>Someone told me that there was an app out there similar to a key
>>logger that would let you see real-time what your kids were doing on
>>their computer, anyone heard of that?? Is there something similar that
>>you suggest??
>>
>>Thanks!!
>>
>>Tory
>

> The only one I've seen in action is:
>
> "WAYD" (What Are You Doing?)
> http://www.download.com/What-Are-You-Doing-/3000-2085_4-6660089.html
>
> Works great. You install the "server" on the target computer(s) and
> watch with the client from another computer on the network.
>
> When I was in high school, WAYD "server"'s were installed on every
> computer, and the sysadmin would monitor each of them from the computer
> in his office. The contents of their screen are showed as well as a few
> options such as:
>
> 1. Reboot/Shutdown
> 2. Freeze system
> 3. Send message
>
> ...thats all I can remember.

You might want to take a look at Lan View, we use v2 but v3 is pretty
far along in development.
http://www.mst-software.co.uk/portal/

Relevant Pages

  • TCP/IP port mapping through RDP session? (virtual channel?)
    ... I'm doing some testing in preparation for a web app ... which will run on a private LAN. ... app needs to do is query the domain controller using LDAP (to do user ...
  • Re: Meaning of exception 0xC0000006 (EXCEPTION_IN_PAGE_ERROR)
    ... > I have a client that is getting 0xC0000006 errors in my app, ... > me that this is a LAN connectivity problem. ... which happen to be the only users experiencing this problem ... > was unable to load the page. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.debugger)
  • Data Access via VPN
    ... I have an app that originally was used on a LAN. ... The app is very recordset intensive and uses Access as the database. ... through the VPN even though it is lightning fast over the LAN. ... on the work station sends a request to the server on the server ...
  • Meaning of exception 0xC0000006 (EXCEPTION_IN_PAGE_ERROR)
    ... I have a client that is getting 0xC0000006 errors in my app, causing it ... me that this is a LAN connectivity problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.debugger)
  • Re: public ip address behind nat
    ... >>In the LAN i have the other machine application.example.com ... If it's internal, then machines on the lan can see the internal IP, so ... point the ports you need opened on app to the local addy of app, ... the easiest way if you don't want to give an external addy to app. ...
    (freebsd-net)