Re: Untraceble email back to my computer/identity ?

From: andy smart (anonymus_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/26/05

    Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:33:48 +0100

    Alan Connor wrote:
    > On comp.mail.misc, in
    > <1117051261.763001.195860@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    > "internet@spamhole.com" wrote:
    >

    >>Hello
    >>
    >>I live in a non-US country
    >

    > Sure you do. And you are stupid enough to expect us to
    > believe a word you say after going on (snipped part below)
    > about using proxies and anonymous remailers, which you
    > are obviously very familiar with.
    >

    >>and would like to report something
    >>illegal via email, however I am fearful of the email being
    >>traced back to me somehow.
    >

    > Right.
    >
    > If you want to report something illegal anonymously, use
    > snail mail.
    >
    > That's what people with brains do.

    Not if they know they are a suspect and know anything about modern
    forensic document analysis. If you are sure you are not being followed
    and can get access to a computer then I would suggest that you would be
    safer using email than post if you wanted to be a whistleblower.

    > Trolls, not having any brains, are always looking for ways
    > to post to various servers anonymously.
    >
    > They don't realize that the only reason that no one has
    > tracked them down (or rather, bothered to do anything
    > with that information) is that no one has any reason
    > to do so: Trolls don't DO anything but run their
    > ignorant mouths on the Internet.

    Yes they do, they live under bridges......

    > No one is going to take information that comes via
    > an 'anonymous' email seriously. Unlike trolls, most
    > people have functioning minds.

    Actually, I'd tend to disagree with that. It's like saying that nobdy
    takes what comes in an unsigned note seriously and law enforcement
    organizations do that all the time.