Re: Google Warning... [Good News!]

From: test (test_at_example.com)
Date: 05/20/05

Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:55:49 -0700

DD wrote:

>> Both my wife and I are getting the following warning when we go into
>> Google:
>>
>> We're sorry...
>>
>> ... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or
>> spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears
>> that your computer or network has been infected.
>>
>> We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In
>> the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover
>> to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious
>> software.
>>
>> We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on
>> Google.
>>
>> I have scanned my system using Avast AV, Spybot and AdAware but
>> nothing was found. Can anyone suggest what is going on?
>>
>> DD
>

> Just to put a full stop to this thread. I would like to let everyone
> know that both my wife and I were able to Google normally today. I did
> not find anything that could have caused the Google generated error so I
> guess the problem could not have been caused by us!
>
> DD
Sounds like your ISP uses a transparent proxy server. I've been seeing that
alot with my current Broadband ISP and it's beginning to irritate me
because I dislike ending up with someone elses web page from the cache.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Google Warning... [Good News!]
    ... you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover ... > know that both my wife and I were able to Google normally today. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Google Warning... [Good News!]
    ... you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover ... > We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google. ... know that both my wife and I were able to Google normally today. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Revolution EP 6
    ... Google Guy abandoned his wife during the electropocalypse ... And speaking of slave girls; the show is on at 10:00pm ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Revolution EP 6
    ... Google Guy abandoned his wife during the electropocalypse ... because he's a useless chick shit. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: OT: AFLer makes embarrassing quote
    ... Vacationing in Florida with my wife, my cell phone rings ... wide-ranging discussion about Google and other things while I help my ... wife look for a missing airport parking stub. ... > LOS ANGELES - Google's new online video store, ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)