Re: Norton Ghost 9.0

From: optikl (optikl_at_com_invalid_cast.net)
Date: 05/19/05

Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 06:53:18 -0500

Chas_G wrote:
> I've received an email from Symantec advertising 'Norton Ghost 9.0'.
> Symantec states that it is an advanced program which offers a backup
> to the computer and gives protection. It sounds interesting but costs
> 29 and I wonder if it is worth using Norton Ghost.
>
> Does anyone have any experience of this program? I would value any
> comments.
>
> Many thanks.
> Regards,
>
> Chas_G

Ghost, like other disk imaging programs, is indispensable, if you want
to make sure you have a reliable disaster recovery option. I personally
use Acronis True Image. Regardless of which product you choose, a disk
imaging program is worth every pence you pay for it. Open your check
book and buy it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: CF Mass Production
    ... but unfortunately there are no warnings when you ... $70 wasted on Norton Ghost. ... >> Make your small program for this or use third party programs like ghost ... >> Regards, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Been using Drive Image Anything newer or better?
    ... PowerQuest was purchased by Symantec several years ago and merged into ... Symantec's Norton Ghost. ... into Drive Image;->). ... Other popular imaging programs include Acronis' True ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Image of Win XP with NTFS...?
    ... drive is 20 gig total having 10 gig free. ... Is there any alternative program to Norton ghost? ... image file of 6 GBytes is reasonable. ... Some imaging programs offer an option for a higher compression ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Hard Drive Mirroring
    ... There are several disk imaging programs out there: ... Drive Image from Symantec ... Norton Ghost ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Back Up?
    ... With regards ... Stevan Tiefert ... Got a question about backing up with Norton Ghost. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)