Re: Google Warning... [Good News!]

From: Winged (Winged_at_nofollow.com)
Date: 05/15/05

    Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 04:25:54 -0500

    Michael Pelletier wrote:
    > DD wrote:

    >>> Both my wife and I are getting the following warning when we go into
    >>>Google:
    >>>
    >>>We're sorry...
    >>>
    >>>... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or
    >>>spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears
    >>>that your computer or network has been infected.
    >>>
    >>>We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In
    >>>the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover
    >>>to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious
    >>>software.
    >>>
    >>>We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on
    >>>Google.
    >>>
    >>> I have scanned my system using Avast AV, Spybot and AdAware but
    >>>nothing was found. Can anyone suggest what is going on?
    >>>
    >>>DD
    >>

    >>Just to put a full stop to this thread. I would like to let everyone
    >>know that both my wife and I were able to Google normally today. I did
    >>not find anything that could have caused the Google generated error so I
    >>guess the problem could not have been caused by us!
    >>
    >>DD
    >

    > ....I would still do a little foresics if I were you...problems just do not
    > go away like that...
    >
    > Michael
    The problem might disappear. There has been a lot of DNS poisoning going
    round lately. would explain his symptoms. There is a Win DNS exploit
    making the rounds (not if things are properly patched). Articles:

    http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?date=2005-04-07
    http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/windows/0,39020396,39194296,00.htm

    I suspect his ISP DNS may have had an issue, but this is just a guess.

    Winged

    • Re: DNS Poisoning and "Pharming"
      ... Michael Pelletier wrote: ... Folks should apply the fixes to win DNS servers ASAP, ... There is also a bind Unix flavor poisoning exploit we have ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: FIRED BECAUSE OF YOU
      ... I'll give you $20 bucks to bang your wife. ... >I GOT FIRED FOR NON SUPPORT FROM YOU PEOPLE FOR DNS ... > HOW DOES AN MCSE PREPARE TO GET DNS FROM OTHER USERS WITH ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
    • Intermittent DNS
      ... On my Mac Pro, the past couple day, my DNS has been really flakey. ... One minute I can hit Yahoo, ... My wife is using here iBook, and using the same DSL router I am, but hers works just peachy. ... I'm able to ping IP addresses readily, but DNS lookups take forever. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.misc)
    • Re: Setting Up DNS
      ... I'll let my wife know I had a great idea after all!!! ... >> I can add a second server to the network if needed. ... > I'm getting out of my depth here as I never do this, so I think the DNS ... > gurus in the group above are your best bet. ...