Re: Google Warning... [Good News!]

From: Michael Pelletier (mjpelletier_at_mjpelletier.com)
Date: 05/15/05

Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 00:42:07 -0700

DD wrote:

>> Both my wife and I are getting the following warning when we go into
>> Google:
>>
>> We're sorry...
>>
>> ... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or
>> spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears
>> that your computer or network has been infected.
>>
>> We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In
>> the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover
>> to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious
>> software.
>>
>> We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on
>> Google.
>>
>> I have scanned my system using Avast AV, Spybot and AdAware but
>> nothing was found. Can anyone suggest what is going on?
>>
>> DD
>

> Just to put a full stop to this thread. I would like to let everyone
> know that both my wife and I were able to Google normally today. I did
> not find anything that could have caused the Google generated error so I
> guess the problem could not have been caused by us!
>
> DD

...I would still do a little foresics if I were you...problems just do not
go away like that...

Michael

--
"Trusted Computing" is a SCAM
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.html

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Google Warning... [Good News!]
    ... you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover ... > know that both my wife and I were able to Google normally today. ... alot with my current Broadband ISP and it's beginning to irritate me ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Ranking Reports - How often is too much?
    ... I've stopped using WebPosition Gold now, ... >>> have temporarily removed your ability to use Google search, ... A computer virus or spyware ... you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Google Warning...
    ... you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover ... | We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google. ... and the key; DataBasePath ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Google Warning... [Good News!]
    ... you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover ... > We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google. ... know that both my wife and I were able to Google normally today. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Google error message ?
    ... Just got this message when I went into Google, I have run spybot, no ... spyware application is sending us automated requests, ... you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)