Re: Google Warning...

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 05/14/05

Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 23:24:30 GMT

From: "DD" <tobytoby50@hotmail.com>

| The directory of ETC contained the 5 files I mentioned in the previous
| post and two directories:
| 13/05/2005 03:42pm <DIR> .
| 13/05/2005 03:42pm <DIR> ..
|
| It is noteworthy that these two directories were formed at the time
| that we first experienced the error message.
|
| Any further suggestions?
|
| DD

That's a modification date. If you write/delete a file in a folder the folder date will
change.

Are you a statically assigned IP or is it a dynamic IP.

In addition run Regedit and look at...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

and the key; DataBasePath
DataBasePath should be set to; %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc

Is it the above path or does it point to another location ?

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm