Re: Google Warning...

From: Ashp (ashleypride_at_gmail.com)
Date: 05/13/05

Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:46:43 +0100

DD wrote:

> Both my wife and I are getting the following warning when we go into
> Google:
>
> We're sorry...
>
> ... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or
> spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears
> that your computer or network has been infected.
>
> We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In
> the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover
> to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious
> software.
>
> We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.
>
> I have scanned my system using Avast AV, Spybot and AdAware but
> nothing was found. Can anyone suggest what is going on?
>
> DD

Check your host file, and clean it up.

Ash.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: google doesnt like...
    ... but we can't process your request right now. ... >spyware application is sending us automated requests, ... Google ok. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Google Warning...
    ... but we can't process your request right now. ... you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover ... > Google. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Google: Were sorry...
    ... but we can't process your request right now. ... >> spyware application is sending us automated requests, ... you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: msconfig and trojans.
    ... A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected. ... I am actually using a proxy to connect to google. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • OT: Google Down?
    ... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus ... or spyware application. ... and hope we'll see you again on Google. ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)