Re: JS:Isbar [Trj]

From: DD (tobytoby50_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/06/05

Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 12:46:07 +1000

        Thanks for such detailed instructions, just what I need! I took option
2 and downloaded SYSCLEAN_FE, unzipped it and did all the other things
you detailed before booting into Safe Mode and running Sysclean_ FE.bat.
The files seemed to download satisfactorily but I got an error message
-"Sysclean\pattern.txt not opened for READ, error code [0]"
I also tried to run Sysclean_FE.link with the same result.

Any suggestions where the problem could be?

Thanks again, DD

David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "DD" <tobytoby50@hotmail.com>
>
> | Can anyone tell me what JS:Isbar is? My Avast AV detected it when I
> | downloaded a page but there seems to have been no bad effects. [as
> | yet!]. Google only throws up foreign language links.
> |
> | DD
>
> 1) Dump the contents of your IE cache -
> Start --> settings --> control panel --> Internet options --> delete files
>
> 2) Dump the contents of the Mozilla FireFox Cache { if you use it }
> Tools --> Options --> Privacy --> Cache --> Clear
>
> 3) Dump the contents of your Sun Java cache -
> Start --> settings --> control panel --> Java applet --> cache --> clear
> or
> Start --> settings --> control panel --> Java applet --> general --> settings -->
> delete files
>
> 4) Download TrendMicro Sysclean by one of the following 2 methods
>

> Trend Sysclean Method 1
> ---------------------------------------
> Trend Sysclean Package
> http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp
>
> Latest Trend signature files.
> http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp
>
> Create a directory.
> On drive "C:\"
> (e.g., "c:\sysclean")
>
> Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
> Download the signature files (pattern files) by obtaining the ZIP file.
> For example; lpt613.zip
>
> Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the contents in the same directory as
> SYSCLEAN.COM.
>
> Trend Sysclean Method 2
> ---------------------------------------
> Download the utility SYSCLEAN_FE at the following URL --
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
> SYSCLEAN_FE automates the download and execution process of the Trend Sysclean Package.
> Direct URL --
> http://www.ik-cs.com/programs/virtools/Sysclean_FE.exe
>
> 5) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
> http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore.htm
> 6) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible.
> 7) Using Trend Sysclean utility, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete
> any infectors/parasites found.
> (a few cycles may be needed)
> 8) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using the
> Trend Sysclean utility.
> 9) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
> System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
> 10) Reboot your PC.
> 11) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
>
> * * * Please report back your results * * *

Relevant Pages

  • What i have done
    ... I run stinger.exe; Ad-aware.exe; sysclean.com in safe mode at the same time. ... I can ensure all the virus definition is updated. ... > Trend Sysclean Method 1 ... > Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Cannot remove virus
    ... Thanks for your help but there was a problem with Sysclean: ... > | Stuart Reed ... > Trend Sysclean Package ... > Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: Cant Download file Porperly
    ... > I have tried using fire fox n download Accelerator Plus but still ... TrendMicro's Sysclean is an extensive antivirus tool which has the ... Create a new folder on your Desktop or the C: ... Restart your computer in Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: trojan.vundo.b
    ... Trend Sysclean Package ... Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ... Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible ... Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences, ...
  • Re: Cannot remove virus