Re: "Trusted Computing" SCAM?

From: John (john.veldhuisSTOPSPAM_at_universal.nl)
Date: 05/04/05

Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 12:17:14 +0200

nemo_outis wrote:

> For the longest time I have been a fan of encryption to produce computer
> privacy and, more broadly, privacy in general. In fact, one of the areas
> in which I have been commercially active is financial privacy (and it has
> been a monumental struggle to avoid running afoul of the money laundering
> laws - especially since 9/11) (In my view money laundering is the "crime"
> of keeping financial matters private from the intrusions of government.)
>
> I pushed for full OTFE HD software encryption, and I still think there is a
> *major* role for hardware based encryption. So, I'm in favour of things
> like the TPM chip - but with one *gigantic* difference: I want the consumer
> to be in control rather than business.
>
> So, count me in favour of hardware encryption, but with the *consumer's*
> finger on the trigger.

I couldn't agree more...

Regards,
  John

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Best way to get large files from a friend?
    ... |> people have "no reasonable expectation of privacy" with email. ... it moves from server to server to get to ... the vpn can intercept it without cracking the encryption. ... able to read people's emails unless there's a *really* good reason, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Pakistan to ban encryption software
    ... aimed at servers. ... I have used encryption in the past though, and will use it again if am abroad and wish to chat to my family at home and vice versa. ... You have to inspect all the data, there goes your privacy. ... The point is, I don't care who is interested in them, I want the option to keep them private, along with anything else I send, like photos of children to my parents, etc. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Please use encryption when connecting to a usenet newsserver
    ... The more people who use encryption, ... "I've Got Nothing to Hide" and Other Misunderstandings of Privacy ... Daniel J. Solove -- George Washington University Law School ... "Why do banks keep locations of valuables and methods for access to ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Ultra-Fast Stateless Forward Signing
    ... You're right, for privacy encryption, I allow state to be maintained on ... Alice to Bob. ... could be no bidirectional exchange whatsoever between Alice and Bob. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Encryption for privacy [Re: OT: fighting rbls]
    ... > For such an issue encryption is a better solution. ... Any expectation of privacy when sending ... I installed Thunderbird and Enigmail on the "The One Whom ...
    (Fedora)