Re: Man gets nine years for spamming

From: Michael Pelletier (mjpelletier_at_mjpelletier.com)
Date: 04/11/05

Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:08:20 -0700

Michael Pelletier wrote:

> optikl wrote:
>
>> Michael Pelletier wrote:
>>

>>> Guys there are open source solutions out there that a) do not cost
>>> anything and b) are very effective. I currently average 98% kill rate.
>>> It is not a big deal anymore...if I can do anyone can...
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>> I see Zero spam. Mailwasher Pro with the appropriate filters.
>
> Zero? How about the one SPAM one liners like:
>

> Click here http://www.whatever.com
>

> These are the ones that get through for me...
>
> Michael

..little bit of a type-o above. I mean to say "What about the one line
SPAMs" like:

        click here htpp://www.whatever.com

These are the ones that get through sometimes...Although I filter out the
HTML link (I leave the text but not the HTML code to make a clickable link)

Michael

--
"Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems." -
Linus Torvald

Relevant Pages

  • Non-bot-harvestable address (was:Re: None Bot harvestable address)
    ... uses blacklist technologies. ... Can spam. ... Who was talking about filters? ... blacklists, filters, web-hiding, and AI. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
  • Re: A Farewell to RSS
    ... The problem for you, from what I read, is that you want to access rss from many different computers. ... That's the real problem, not the spam. ... newsreaders and filters are alien concepts. ... than a web forum (eerrrrr, no - by their very nature, web forums ...
    (rec.sport.soccer)
  • Re: Mail Filters That Use Challenge-Responses (CRs)
    ... Already been covered but you foil cap renders you inable to read I ... You claim it filters junk email, ... Since the filter is used to delete spam, some do this but most use these ... How does the spammer know you are using CR so they will quit ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Mail Filters That Use Challenge-Responses (CRs)
    ... Already been covered but you foil cap renders you inable to read I ... You claim it filters junk email, ... Since the filter is used to delete spam, some do this but most use these ... How does the spammer know you are using CR so they will quit ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Nos and CB ... (about Mythos)
    ... +0200, Anno Domini: ... because my spam address had flagged your mail as spam. ... I'd already signed up Michael, but I'll ... Some texture seaming fixes for Female Human and Female Satyr to ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)