Re: Open Port QuickSearch

From: Jay Calvert (jcalvert_at_no.spam.com)
Date: 04/07/05

Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 23:01:55 +0100

Ian JP Kenefick wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 19:27:44 +0100, Jay Calvert <jcalvert@no.spam.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Habanero Networks is pleased to announce that it has aquired permission
>>to use the Ports List that has been compiled by Neohapsis and is now
>>incorporated into the new Open Port QuickSearch.
>>
>>The Open Port QuickSearch is a new tool that allows those curious as to
>>what ports are listening on a computer, awaiting remote connections and
>>what is the application or service behind them. The Open Port
>>QuickSearch is incorporated with a tutorial on how to effectively find
>>the open ports, identify the nature, and to make an informed decision of
>>whether to allow the application or service to continue to execute.
>>
>>This is the second tool in the last month that has been added to the
>>site, further enhancing the educational value and extending it's
>>resourcefulness to the reader. Last month Habanero Networks unveiled the
>>Startup QuickSearch, another handy tool for determining what
>>applications are starting up at system startup or user logon and whether
>>those applications are acceptable, a virus, spyware, adware or other
>>malware. All which the user might take action upon.
>>
>>Habanero Networks has been working hard in the past few months to
>>further enhance the functionality and educational value of the site for
>>it's readers. There are plans to add more tools and to develop some
>>applications to further educate it's readers on keeping their computer
>>safe from viruses, spyware, malware and hackers.
>>

>>For more information on the Open Port QuickSearch visit
>>http://habaneronetworks.com/ports.php or, for the Startup QuickSearch
>>visit http://habaneronetworks.com/startup.php.
>

> Yes, you told is this last month - spammer

No, I didn't, I just finished the pages tonight.

Jay Calvert

Relevant Pages

  • Open Port QuickSearch
    ... Habanero Networks is pleased to announce that it has aquired permission ... The Open Port QuickSearch is a new tool that allows those curious as to ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • help needed to secure IPTABLES ruleset
    ... port forwarding of external Remote Desktop requests to an ... Iíve got an IPTABLES ruleset that works for the above services, ... # accept external remote desktop connections on port 3389 ... Adding open port 111/tcp ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Routers Firewall
    ... > AFAIK most firewall fitted routers do not allow incoming connections by ... > to connect to a port your public IP address the router would reject the ... > router you may be vulnerable. ... > An open port on the router could be connected to a service running on the ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Win2K & XP IPSEC Filtering bypass
    ... As a result of a recent engagement looking at Windows host hardening, ... choosing a source port of 88. ... Adding open port 445/tcp ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: open port 8443 (isa2004)
    ... I am not very clear what the words "open port 8443" ... If you want to access some external SSL websites on port 8443, ... Blank page or page cannot be displayed when you view SSL sites through ISA ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)