Re: Internet Radio Problem

From: donnie (donnie_at_queyosepa.org)
Date: 03/17/05

Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 03:32:38 GMT

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:06:06 -0800, "Don Prince" <princed@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I have been listening to radio stations in Europe for few years without a
>problem. But since I installed a firewall I loose some of the radio stations
>within few minutes and the problem continues if that radio station is
>re-connected.
>
>Is this problem related to firewall or is it something else.
>
>Any help or suggestions to correct the problem will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks, Don

############################
I would say it is firewall related. I listen to internet radio too,
mostly college stations where there is no such thing as a play list.
I have a database of about 900 stations in Canada and the US, which
I'll post somewhere if you want it. In any event, check the closed
ports on the firewall.
donnie.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unable to establish connection - Error message ID C00D0006
    ... If disabling it helps then it's very likely it's just ... blocking access to the internet. ... > The radio stations I have been attempting to listen to online are Galaxy ... > I do have a firewall, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Unable to establish connection - Error message ID C00D0006
    ... I've reset the access settings for "wmplayer.exe" in Norton Personal Firewall, and Media Player can now connect successfully. ... > blocking access to the internet. ... >> The radio stations I have been attempting to listen to online are Galaxy ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Internet Radio Problem
    ... But since I installed a firewall I loose some of the radio stations ... under the options/firewall tab under advanced options. ... IGMP box is checked it can cause the symptoms you describe. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Internet Radio Problem
    ... I have been listening to radio stations in Europe for few years without a ... But since I installed a firewall I loose some of the radio stations ... Is this problem related to firewall or is it something else. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: A/C and Vent blowing out of defroster
    ... vacuum line on the firewall next to hood hinge. ... none are loose. ... Hmm, if you don't see anything loose at the firewall, try to follow ...
    (rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang)