Re: How do I temporarily disable AVG 7?

From: charlie R (
Date: 03/14/05

    Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:11:31 -0500

    Enable the Control Panel, and disable the Resident Shield, and uncheck
    everything "AVG" in msconfig startup menu. The new AV might detect
    it, anyway, so you might have to uninstall AVG to install the new one.
    I found that to be the case.

    charlie R

    "Franklin" <> wrote in message
    > How do I temporarily disable AVG 7?
    > I want to install some other antivirus software which I am told AVG
    > will most probably object to. So I need to disable AVG while doing
    > the other installtion.
    > The trouble is that I don't see any option to stop or exit AVG such
    > that it stops working.

    • Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB980248) -- No more fonts available
      ... uninstalled the free trial & installed MSE *before* the free trial period expired. ... Running even a few hours without up-to-date definitions is more than enough time for a computer to get infected (not that any version of AVG, up-to-date or not, would effectively protect a computer IMHO). ... I do not understand the logic.....if the fonts where fine before the update ... date) did you install Microsoft Security Essentials? ...
    • Re: Techie query.
      ... > 1 save ZA and AVG executable files on my 64Mb camera xD card. ... ZoneAlarm & AVG Install Files - that will save you having to Install ... I'm still not certain whether or not it's best to Boot the New Machine ...
    • Re: Cannot receive email from server, Port 110 error message
      ... uninstalling AVG, rebooting twice, and then reinstalling it...doing a Custom install and opting-out of installing either of the email scanning components. ... Uninstall AVG 8.0 via Add/Remove Programs & reboot. ...
    • Re: Trouble with Vista Prem. 64-bit?
      ... Warning: Avg text message exception. ... I suppose something in Windows is the issue. ... A reinstall will rectify the issues if there are issues. ... install just for some reason borked to me. ...
    • Re: AVG v7 is free - but is v8?
      ... AVG anti-virus is also free? ... rather not install it only to have the fun of uninstalling it :-) thx ... fact it makes no outrageous demands as to even which version of windows ... policy settings are defined, they may override this local policy ...