Re: Windows Firewall Has A Backdoor

From: Charles Newman (charlesnewman1_at_comcast.net.spammers.will.be.shot.on.sight)
Date: 03/09/05

Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:07:52 -0800

news:pan.2005.02.19.21.02.13.705951@nowhere.lan...
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:31:51 +0000, Jay Calvert wrote:
>
>> Did you know that programs on your computer can write their own rules
>> for your firewall. This makes it pretty convenient for spyware, doesn't
>> it.
>
> All personal firewalls are subject this that type of exploit.

    Not Tiny Personal Firewall. I have mine set to only allow what
I specifically allow. Such spyware would never make it past my
system

> As I understand it, if you are running as a User level account and not
> administrator you are not open to that exploit in SP2.
>
> --
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Service pack 2 (XP)
    ... I have a 'theory' that SP2 has a LOT to do with firewall and new browser ... besides those security features. ... The operative word is SPYWARE. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Help on SEARCH with MSN
    ... It is not spyware or any of those as I have them all ... You should periodically defragment your hard drives as well as check them ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: Spyware problems
    ... > spyware, and a link to a removal site. ... Depends on what "no matter what I do" includes... ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Security
    ... Mike mistakenly refers to our product as spyware. ... WeatherBug because we are not. ... > Windows is not the only product you likely have on your PC. ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: RUNDLL error message
    ... Adware found lots of spyware but one particular spyware "Homeoldsp" ... > Windows is not the only product you likely have on your PC. ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ... and I only have one suggestion that end up serving double ...