Re: How do I temporarily disable AVG 7?

From: Rodney Kelp (Rodneykelp605_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/09/05

Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:36:46 -0500

Run msconfig, click on startup and uncheck everything that starts with avg.
then reboot the machine.

"Franklin" <no_thanks@mail.com> wrote in message
> How do I temporarily disable AVG 7?
>
> I want to install some other antivirus software which I am told AVG
> will most probably object to. So I need to disable AVG while doing
> the other installtion.
>
> The trouble is that I don't see any option to stop or exit AVG such
> that it stops working.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cannot send email in OE
    ... I did run Spybot within the last 24 hours, ... Noelle ... >> Rang my ISP and they said I would have to disable AVG. ...
  • Re: How do I temporarily disable AVG 7?
    ... >I want to install some other antivirus software which I am told AVG ... So I need to disable AVG while doing ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: AVG will not let me send an attachment
    ... Cindy wrote: ... > Your e-mail message is being returned to you in the next part of this ... > I have tried 4 times to send and keep getting the same message from AVG. ... > internet provider said I should disable AVG and send. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: AVG will not let me send an attachment
    ... AVG is not sending anything back to you. ... It is your internet service ... > My internet provider said I should disable AVG and send. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • AVG will not let me send an attachment
    ... I am trying to send a music download/attachment. ... DATA: Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size: 5242880 bytes ... I have tried 4 times to send and keep getting the same message from AVG. ... internet provider said I should disable AVG and send. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)