Re: Getting the attention of spyware & adware perpetrators

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty (a.nony.mous_at_example.invalid)
Date: 03/02/05

    Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:13:52 -0500

    Apollo wrote:
    > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote
    >
    >> Most commercial web designers will test their work using IE 5 and
    >> then 6, FireFox and one of the Netscape browsers. They will test
    >> on Windows 98SE, Windows XP, and then on Apple and a Linux
    >> variant in order to make sure their pages are fully browser
    >> compliant. They will also test at 800x600, 1024x768, and
    >> sometimes at 640x480, although 640x480 is becoming very rare
    >> these days.
    >
    > Sorry, I should have mentioned that I was using IE6, it does
    > display fine in FireFox 1.00.
    >
    > I would say that 800x600 is starting to become less common too.
    > With the amount of 17"/19" monitors around now 1280x1024 is common,
    > and pages should be tested at this resolution and maybe even
    > higher.

    Everyone (not just you guys, all web designers) should stop thinking
    about the size of the monitor, and think about the size of the browser
    window. Which could be any size. Not everyone surfs with a maximized
    browser window.

    http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign

    <quote>
    So there are two accurate answers to "Which resolution should I design
    for?":

         * All of them
         * None of them
    </quote>

    One well-designed site will work everywhere.

    --
        -bts
        -This space intentionally left blank.

    • Re: Critical error 101 on MS AntiSpyware install
      ... Not to mention everyone and their brother that is on the firefox high ... low and behold - Windows Help opens up - hum, ... because the one thing that was on on my little browser was the little ... Just use windows security, and not ignore ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: Critical error 101 on MS AntiSpyware install
      ... Not to mention everyone and their brother that is on the firefox high ... low and behold - Windows Help opens up - hum, ... because the one thing that was on on my little browser was the little ... Just use windows security, and not ignore ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: How to set the Integers in About:Config (Mozilla browsers)
      ... Firefox users get viruses). ... XPCOM is not analogous to ActiveX but rather ... malware, browser tooolbars, etc. that are designed to do that. ... write a browser on Windows that's based on IE. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Browser hijacker
      ... My Firefox browser, on a computer running Windows XP, seems to ... Windows Updates don't work. ... unfortunately this does not stop Firefox opening rogue windows. ... Although it is possible to remove a Trojan horse manually, it requires a full understanding of how that particular Trojan horse operates. ...
      (uk.legal)
    • Re: Browser hijacker
      ... My Firefox browser, on a computer running Windows XP, seems ... Windows Updates don't work. ... unfortunately this does not stop Firefox opening rogue windows. ... particular Trojan horse operates. ...
      (uk.legal)